CO-PARENTING AFTER DIVORCE – LEVEL I
An Introductory Class
This is a single session, four hour class which meets the requirements of Domestic Relations Courts in the Denver Metro Area and throughout the State of Colorado. All of the courts in the Denver Metro area require separating and divorcing parents who have children under age 18 to take this type of parenting class. Classes are offered at least six times per month througout the Denver Area.
- Two Saturdays per month from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P. M.
- Aurora, from 4:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.
- All others from 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Once every month or two in Spanish
- You will take home a Parent Handbook that includes a sample parenting plan, parenting time schedules, a resource list, and a lot of other information.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How the divorce process impacts parents and children.
- How to decrease the negative effects of divorce for your children.
- Strategies for keeping your children out of the middle.
- Predictors for long-term positive outcomes for your children.
- How to establish and maintain a business-like co-parenting relationship
- Co-parenting strategies and communication skills.
- How to design a detailed parenting plan.
REGARDING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS:
We accept credit cards for advanced registration. We do not accept credit cards at the classes.
Credit card payments for Saturday classes are not processed after noon on the Friday before the class.
AN IMPORTANT WEBSITE – We strongly encourage you to visit the website www.UpToParents.org (for divorcing parents) or www.ProudToParent.org (for never married parents) prior to attending the class, as this will give you a headstart and significantly enhance your experience in the class.
WHAT PARENTS SAY ABOUT THIS CLASS
“I strongly resented having to come, but I am glad that I did!”
“I gained a lot of assistance about how best to approach my ex.”
“Great seminar. Instructors were extremely knowledgeable and helpful.”
“Information helps me better understand what my child is going through.”